/2016/09/apple_watch_series_2_and_watchos_3

Comments

iphony:
Grubber only has the balls to point out what Apple gets wrong after they've put those things right (or, at least, after he's been given an opportunity to claim they've put them right.) People would have a lot more respect for him if he'd just call them out because they needed calling out - you know, like a real writer would. But he waits. It's pathetic. It's needy and weak. It's why he deserves no respect. He might as well be on their payroll. He's a PR, but worse, because at least their bias is honest.

10:41 am — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Foreskin:
Fuck this cunting shit! I'm going to get a Samsung Note 7. Unlike iphone I hear sales for it have been on fire
11:33 am — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
"Did I mention that Apple Watch was slow?"

not until now, you hypocrite
12:07 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
> Have you ever noticed that all Apple Watches are perfectly in sync with each other? Right down to an imperceptible fraction of a second.

Why yes, I have noticed this imperceptible thing!
12:45 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
jimothy:
> It’s angering when you lose credit for a few miles of a run because you thought you successfully resumed after a pause but it didn’t take.

If the Grubester can run a single mile, let alone "a few miles", I'll eat my hat.

>> Also - what I wouldn't give to have seen a sweaty Grubber on a treadmill, furiously and shamefacedly stabbing at his watch with his big sweaty fingers.

I do *not* want to see this.
1:03 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
buddies:
"So if I go for a run with my Apple Watch, without my iPhone, I don’t have to do anything to get my path tracked. It just happens. There’s nothing I need to do to make it track my path."

but does it track your path, and is your path being tracked while it does it?
1:13 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
John Gruber:
You are all a bunch of whining bitches with smelly cunts
2:24 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
> I don’t feel bad about not quite getting Apple Watch at first, though. Apple didn’t get it either.

haha wow, fuck you gruber. way to put yourself on the same level as the people creating shit. if you were half as smart as you think you are, you could actually work at apple, rather than just talking about them.
2:27 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
FFS:
"I don’t feel bad about not quite getting Apple Watch at first, though. Apple didn’t get it either."

Wow, wow, wow. I just fell off my chair and shit my pants. So it turns out Apple is capable of "not getting it right" the first time? I mean, did Jesus ever "not get it first"? I thought the point of Apple was two-fold: they are SO MUCH smarter than we are that they KNOW HE FUTURE and they NEVER ship a product unless it js Jesus perfect.

Man, I just learned the truth about Santa Claus.
2:31 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
numbnuts:
FFS :Jesus never existed..
3:21 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
gruber circlejerk:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is the best written Gruber piece in a while. Some of his own thoughts on a product, a market segment, and the efforts that went into the latest iteration.

Good job, Gruber. If only a gem like this wasn't once per year, at best.
3:36 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
5:01 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
So, to find out what he REALLY thinks about Watch 2, we'll have to wait until Watch 3 is out!

What a piece of work this guy is...

PS: Does he get paid by Apple?
5:23 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Q*Bert:
Still wish they would center the crown, and put one button on each side of it.

I think one day I'm going to get one of these, but it's still not quite there yet for me, maybe Series 3 or 4.
6:29 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Too many words:
Does Gruber get paid by the word on these puff pieces? Get an editor. At least run it by your wife. Tighten it up.

TL;DR First version of product superseded by second version of product.
7:11 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
I don't think he's talking about Apple anymore here,

>The way to be right all the time is not to be right all the time, because that never happens. If you’re pushing the boundaries of any endeavor, mistakes are inevitable. If you convince yourself that you’re right all the time, you’ll slip into denial regarding your mistakes. Then the problems compound. The way to be right all the time is to be smart enough to be right most of the time, and humble enough to recognize your mistakes and address them.
7:15 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Reader #3:
It's funny how Gruber never talks bad about Apple unless he can say that they fixed what was bad.

Like if you read his first apple watch review, all the bad crap he talks about now mostly isn't in it.
7:16 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
I seem to remember him bragging about the prestige of Apple charging $10,000-$20,000 for the "edition" watches, before they were announced.

Now obviously, it hurt the brand to do that, of course.
7:59 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
omgwtf:
>Only Gruber can perceive the imperceptible. I am grateful he shares his perceptions with all of us.

I can't see it.
8:06 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016
I just want to know, is Switzerland still fucked?
8:21 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016