/2016/09/ehrenkranz_apple_event_women

Comments

don't worry, Ehrenkranz and MIc won't get another word, press pass, or even kick in the nuts from apple. this is how you shoot yourself in the foot.
9:43 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
# Wow John, you sure do carry a lot of Apple PR water
# "Bozama Saint John". You can at least spell her name right, in an article about diversity.

9:49 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
markdown fail, great
9:49 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
> What this Apple PR rep1 could have done is first email with “Off the record?”, wait for Ehrenkranz to reply, and if she agreed, send the actual message.

Yes, thank you so much for restating what Ehrenkranz said, *in the fucking quoted paragraph immediately above*. I love reading the same shit twice in a row for no reason.
9:51 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016

Fuck off Gruber. It was not just "technically" within journalistic practices, it was absolutely the right thing to do. It's not the media's job to hide Apple's dirty laundry for them.

The real dick move was that terribly ill-considered letter from Apple PR.

>This headline is egregious.

The headline is fine. And it's a much more accurate summation than many of Gruber's headlines.

I mean, really, Apple put forward Canadian and British citizenship as examples of "diversity"? That's fucked up.
9:52 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
> But it’s like it doesn’t even count that Tim Cook, proudly and openly gay, is the primary face of the company.

Great, now Gruber is trolling DFWC trolls.
9:52 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
@Jewber:
As soon as feminist cunts, niggers, and jews stop pointing out people's race, gender and faggot tendencies or lack thereof, we'll have a race-neutral happy world where normal peace-loving people can live in peace and not be rubbed by the persecution that supposedly permeates our degenerate society.

10:01 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
Hateful BB-8:
@Jewber

Good talk, oh supreme edgelord.
10:27 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
> But that will never happen because our Jew masters need to create strife and hate to maintain power and advance their purposes.

oh, i didn't realize all the republicans were jewish.
11:24 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
gruber circlejerk:
Now we know that when it comes to the SJW movement vs Apple, the far-left Gruber will fall on the side of Apple.

I wonder what his response would have been if this rabble rouser's article was regarding a Samsung keynote.
11:35 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
Not Anonymous:
"The paucity of women and people of color in Apple’s leadership are real problems."

These are not real problems. And they are not real problems because they do not have real solutions.

The real problem is Melanie Ehrenkranz and those like her who want us to judge others by their assumed identity rather than their the fruit of their labor or the content of their character.
11:36 pm — Monday, 12 September 2016
> the far-left Gruber will fall on the side of Apple.

The "far-left" Gruber? What the hell are you smoking?
12:17 am — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
gruber circlejerk:
Oh fuck off TBF. I'm not indulging you.
12:32 am — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
My Optional Name:
>Publishing this email may well be technically within the letter of the accepted rules of journalism. But it strikes me as a dick move, unless the email contains something newsworthy enough to warrant it — and this email did not.

So Gruber doubles down on this "dick move" by re-blogging the contents of the letter? Okay...
3:23 am — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Sean Schubert:
UNASSUMING FIREBALL
==================

By SEAN SCHUBERT

Women!
--------

Monday, 12 September 2016

First of all, sorry for not posting anything of substance lately. (I do have other hobbies, you know!)

Secondly, let me say right away that some of my wife’s best friends are women.

One of the women said that apple didn’t have enough women on the stage at the iPhone event, then published a letter from Apple on a website for women.

Now, I’m *definitely not* a journalist – I just write a hobby blog about my favourite kind of computer – so I can’t comment on whether it was right to publish the letter.

But, this whole “not enough women” thing? I can’t say I noticed. And err… do they even know that Tim Cook is a gay?

ETA: Sorry, guys. Someone just pointed out that gay men are not women. Can't believe I wrote that now. I'll just keep my mouth shut on this topic. As a straight, white, rich man, perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to listen a little bit. I’m sure Apple – like, the richest company ever – will survive without the unquestioning advocacy of an overexcited blogger. And if it can’t, well, it deserves what it gets.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read my blog even though I might sometimes write offensive nonsense. Your comments (and criticism) very welcome as always.
6:44 am — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
"a hobby blog about my favourite kind of computer"

ha ha haaaaaa
8:37 am — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
CB:
> UNASSUMING FIREBALL

LOL.

Today's counter-programming is brought to you today by Angry Fireballs.
1:13 pm — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
iphony:

Ooof, this is claim chowder is so very delicious.

Also note egregious use of the word 'bozos'. PLEASE LOVE ME DADDY STEVIE PLEASE LOVE ME
3:28 pm — Tuesday, 13 September 2016
You know maybe we should stop fucking looking at people's race and gender and start looking at them as people.

The only racists are ones who right these articles.
3:24 pm — Wednesday, 14 September 2016