/2017/01/losing_airpods

Comments

Anonymous®:
Most of us don't perch our valuables on the edge of the aural canal.
7:38 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
Dicknose:
>Once, I went for a jog...

Wait what?

After reading that I just can't trust the rest of the story.
8:00 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
jimothy:
Cool stories, bro.
8:31 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
Um.

"They're not easily lost. I will prove this by discussing the two times I lost them in the four months that I've owned them."
8:41 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
> Once, I went for a jog ... I didn’t have pockets, ...

Yikes. Horrible, horrible image of Gruber wearing pocketless jogging shorts.
8:44 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
So he's lost them twice in four months, but they're not easily lost? Ok then.

He was lucky to get them back both times.
8:55 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
> You can easily lose a $100 casino chip.

I wonder how many times this has happened to John
9:33 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
You can easily lose your childlike sense of wonder.
10:03 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
This might be the dumbest thing he's ever written. Did he read the whole thing after he wrote it?

"Here's my point.

Now here are things that disprove my point."
10:29 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
He's trying to write about how they ARE easy to lose, which is why you must bring the case everywhere and be very careful to always put them back in the case if they are not in your ears.

BUT he'll lose his insider access if he writes that, so...

This is how he can get the TRUTH out while still kowtowing to the official party line -- by sounding like a thoughtless idiot.

11:49 pm — Tuesday, 24 January 2017
EB:
So your point everybody bitching about the earpieces, which are as losable as any other bluetooth in ear pod only headsets (yes, there are others, at the same prices) is that you can lose them? Well, except with the chip in them if one drops out WHILE it is playing, you will notice it because the audio paused - something that none of the others do....

And ANY set of headphones, if you put them down somewhere, you may forget them, no?

SO what do you have here? EarPods that compared to all others are less prone to loss from falling out of your ear (you are aware instantly unless audio is off) and you now have a way to locate the missing earpiece in your house.

You don't want to buy them, fine. You don't like the audio, fine, but enough bitching about how easy they are too lose! They are LESS easy to lose than any equivalent product!

12:42 am — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Dicknose:
>You don't want to buy them, fine.

I won't be.

>You don't like the audio, fine

From what I understand the audio is sub-par for the price.

>but enough bitching about how easy they are too lose! They are LESS easy to lose than any equivalent product!

This. 100% agree. And from what I understand, with the new iOS update losing and then finding a lost Air Pod is unrivaled by any other companies offering it would seem.
8:39 am — Thursday, 26 January 2017