/2017/05/dropping_tech_giants

Comments

Shocking.
4:23 pm — Friday, 12 May 2017
Sebby:
> Apple. I mean, come on. If not for Apple I’d be stuck using computers I don’t like

Honestly, I'm struggling here to work out what it is I like about Macs at this point. If you just, y'know, drop the requirement for a computer to be user-friendly and pleasant, there's really nothing there. I wonder how long it'll take for me to just give up. It's just inertia, now.
5:00 pm — Friday, 12 May 2017
Gruber the Booger:
1. Facebook - Never use it or any of it's products.

2. Amazon - Use for orders maybe 5 times a year, easily replaced. But it would suck for all the companies that use Amazon to switch other offerings.

3. Apple - Sadly I've already switched over just about everything except the random iPad hanging around. High quality, high powered PC's reliably take care of business at a fraction of the cost to Apple today.

4. and 5. It's a toss up between Google and Microsoft. I need both. It's hard to imagine living without either.

Would I prefer to use Apple hardware/software? Sometimes, yes.

Can I live without Apple hardware/software, in a heartbeat.

I Can't say the same for Google and Microsoft.
8:31 pm — Friday, 12 May 2017

Well, ok, but mostly you'd be stuck without a captive audience for your bloviating.

10:12 pm — Friday, 12 May 2017
There's also no serious reason anybody should choose to keep Apple ahead of Google.

Google actually does worthwhile research, and has irreplaceable global infrastructure. Apple doesn't do anything that couldn't be easily replicated by other companies.

But calling it "Alphabet"? Fuck off.
12:07 am — Saturday, 13 May 2017
It's also amazing how highly these supposed "tech geeks" value Amazon. It's a glorified Wal-Mart and barely has any presence outside the USA.

It's close to Facebook in its uselessness. But of course these pampered idiots see ordering toilet paper online as crucial to their wellbeing.
12:10 am — Saturday, 13 May 2017
hmm:
huh? Yes it does have a Walmart dirge... but it keeps the AWS going (and Kindle).
12:40 pm — Saturday, 13 May 2017
Heinz Gruber:
>I love thought exercises.

Gruber considers this pedestrian question to be a "thought exercise"?
6:13 pm — Saturday, 13 May 2017
Myopia:
The current internet would collapse without Azure and AWS.
10:11 am — Sunday, 14 May 2017
Flying Fuck:
Who fucking cares... you pathetic fuck.
11:35 am — Tuesday, 16 May 2017