/2017/06/the_knives_come_out_for_schiller

Comments

Groober the Booger:
Looks like the knee pads and jizz rag Phil gave Gruber are getting some good use.

Gruber is really working overtime polishing Schillers knob.

Someone wrote something negative about Gruber's beloved Apple so its all hands on dick!
10:44 pm — Tuesday, 13 June 2017
Apple puppet piece.
11:31 pm — Tuesday, 13 June 2017
Hock a Loogie:
>Today it’s clear that the iPhone needed a good keyboard, and that a touchscreen keyboard can be a good keyboard. Neither of those things was obvious in 2005.

I can't believe this guy. He has used the "skate to where the puck is going, not where it has been" a million times. How the hell does that square with what's written above?
12:35 am — Wednesday, 14 June 2017
I know Brett personally. I've worked with him. He's a very fair, very calm guy. If he says Schiller is a dumbass, I believe him.
1:58 am — Wednesday, 14 June 2017
>now I do have one more question I wish I’d gotten to ask Schiller.

"So Phil, how wrong are all these made up quotes?"
5:59 am — Wednesday, 14 June 2017
The ridiculous thing, to me, is that these aren't even "negative" quotes. No "knives" are out for Schiller at least as far as is demonstrated here.

So he was a proponent of a hardware keyboard - so what? That doesn't make him a dumbass... Given the fact that there was an internal debate over which direction to proceed, well, that means there must have been some strong willed parties arguing for something different than the eventual direction that was chosen. Presumably those people were not dumbasses, but rather, smart people with opinions worth listening to, or else there wouldn't have been a debate in the first place.

Gruber is getting very defensive here, for no reason at all. It's very odd.
12:28 pm — Wednesday, 14 June 2017
Anonymous®:
No reason? He just sat down in the big boy chairs at WWDC with Phil (and Craig) last week. Grubes is getting way too familiar with the company he supposedly acts as "critical" observer to.
1:41 pm — Wednesday, 14 June 2017
Groober the Booger:
@Anonymous®

>Grubes is getting way too familiar with the company he supposedly acts as "critical" observer to.

I would not be surprised in the least if we find out that Gruber is being paid by Apple PR these days.

2:26 pm — Wednesday, 14 June 2017