/linked/2016/08/22/xda-galaxy-note-lag

Comments

TechGirl:
Still no words on vesper being canned.
9:50 pm — Monday, 22 August 2016
piece of kit:
[They didn't even update the website yet](http://vesperapp.co)
10:13 pm — Monday, 22 August 2016
Tony Soprano:
The Verge couldn't give score lower than 9, although it was expected to be 10, without warrant the flooding of Samsuck sheeps wrath in the comments section. The point is, it's a pity score.
4:59 am — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
I don't know, I have an Edge 7 and I've never noticed any sort of lag or performance issues. Not doubting XDA are correct - but I do doubt that 'ordinary' users will have any complaint. Maybe heavy gamers? I don't know. If this was as bad an issue as all that, I'm sure other reviewers would have mentioned them.

Anyhow, broader point is that, if Gruber was genuinely interested in good design in tech, wouldn't we see more of a balance here? Wouldn't there have been at least one 'sheesh, the new Samsung actually has some nice things about it, I hope Apple can comfortably overtake'.

He's in denial of being nothing more than a fanboy aggregator. He's done very well out of it, but you can't take him seriously when he's desperately snuffling around for ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SAMSUNG HE KIND FIND and leaping on it with glee, whilst ignoring all the good. It's pathetic, really. He's not a serious person, he's a nine year old.
8:11 am — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Eddie:
>he's a nine year old.

That is an insult to all nine year olds.

2:44 pm — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
A Nine Year Old:
hey fuk u buddy
5:09 pm — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
@anon

wait till samsung sponsors DF, you'll see reality shifting
8:36 pm — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Q*Bert:
> Wouldn't there have been at least one 'sheesh, the new Samsung actually has some nice things about it, I hope Apple can comfortably overtake'.

I mean performance-wise the tests show it handily getting the pants beat off it by the year-old iPhone 6, so I'm not really sure what there is for Apple to overtake. The curved screen? Meh. It looks decent but is that really a game-changing feature? iPhone could use with smaller bezels, true. Waterproofing would be nice I guess, and a little better battery life (although I find it adequate on my iPhone 6 Plus).
11:35 pm — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Q*Bert:
^ 6S, not 6.
11:41 pm — Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Tony Soprano:
>ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SAMSUNG HE KIND FIND

Not terribly difficult. Samsung blows.

>and leaping on it with glee, whilst ignoring all the good

There is very little "good" about Samsung's shitastic crapware.
2:09 am — Wednesday, 24 August 2016
Tony Soprano:
Tony my twin bro, sometimes we can agree on the same thing. Thanks to Samsung.
3:13 am — Wednesday, 24 August 2016
Well all I can say is if you can find nothing good of any significance to say about Samsung phones at all, your confirmation bias is in full effect.

Welcome to Daring Fireball. You're in the right place.
8:28 am — Wednesday, 24 August 2016
@anonymous:
Yep, anybody who doesn't want to spend their own time digging through Samsung's pile of shit for a few encouraging kernels of corn has proven themselves a fanboy of some sort.
5:59 pm — Wednesday, 24 August 2016