/linked/2016/08/25/vesper-ulysses

Comments

So who will now write the import utility to get from whatever Ulysses is into something normal, like Notes or OneNote?
10:54 pm — Thursday, 25 August 2016
Tony Soprano:
10:57 pm — Thursday, 25 August 2016
FFS:
Wow, that is absolutely fucking awesome news!! To the 4 people on earth using Vesper, that is. <slow clap>
10:58 pm — Thursday, 25 August 2016
anonymynous:
1:16 am — Friday, 26 August 2016
I occasionally come here, scrapping the bottom of the barrel

but there's nothing to see anymore

NextDraft is an orders of magnitude better read

9:31 am — Friday, 26 August 2016
My Optional Name:
>Odd how these Ulysses people seem to have a functioning business in the same category that Gruber couldn't hack it in...

Maybe they are doing just as poorly and see this as an opportunity to double their potential base of users.
12:28 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
> "…we’re sorry for both the developer/producer and the Vesper users who grew fond of that tool."

I feel sorry for the Vesper users who grew fond of Gruber too :(
12:37 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
Vesper:
Did it actually say producer at one point?
3:05 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
Does Vesper provide an export (to whatever : rich text, zipped html, anything) option ?

3:28 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
catfood:
yeah i think the final release was specifically to add the export function.
3:40 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
catfood:
wowsers. ulysses is a $25 ios app.
3:49 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
Flying Fuck!:
I hope Grubnuts moves on to another pointless self-gratuitous topic soon. All this fucking Vesper talk is making my balls itch.
5:23 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
>I feel sorry for the Vesper users who grew fond of Gruber too :(

![That's the joke.](https://frinkiac.com/gif/S06E18/351784/356789.gif?b64lines=IFRoYXQncyB0aGUgam9rZS4=)
5:45 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
Q*Bert:
I mean I'm sure Apple Notes could be better in some ways, but it's what I use because it works fine and it's always available and always synced on any device I use (Macs, iPhone, iPad. And the chances of it going away with all my data anytime soon are low.

I feel like if you're spending so much time dicking around curating and prettying up your notes, you probably should be _doing_ more instead.
6:23 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016
ManitobaNinja:
@Q*Bert

You hit the nail on the head. Notes don't need to be pretty. I use the Notes app and often I am just writing down something quick on my iPhone when Im out and have a thought or idea, or sometimes when I just need an outline to organize my thoughts. And having it perfectly synched across all my devices is hugely invaluable.

Notes won't win any design awards but for all but a tiny percentage of users with specialized needs it does exactly what you want a notes app do, so trying to pitch an alternative is going to be a very, very hard sell.
7:58 pm — Friday, 26 August 2016