/linked/2016/09/30/omni-group-app-store

Comments

not so nifty side-effect:
IAPs are not part of family sharing...
11:00 pm — Friday, 30 September 2016
> This is the future of productivity apps in the App Store.

John is definitely a good person to listen to on the subject of the future of paid apps and the app store.
1:09 am — Saturday, 1 October 2016
1:41 am — Saturday, 1 October 2016
Almost every app in the Top Grossing is selling gambly microtransactions for in-app-currency. It's a scam market.
10:05 am — Saturday, 1 October 2016
Hans Gruber:
This reads like an advertisement.
11:37 pm — Saturday, 1 October 2016
Still waiting to hear from Grubs if this means Android had it right all along or if Android users are still freeloading pieces of shit.
2:36 pm — Sunday, 2 October 2016
@ass

good point
4:41 pm — Sunday, 2 October 2016
Q*Bert:
It turns out we're all freeloading pieces of shit, it just took iOS users a while to realize it.
7:37 am — Monday, 3 October 2016
jimothy:
@ass:

A sincere question: Is the situation better on Google Play? That is, are there high quality apps that users are willing to pay for?

It seems to me the way to improve the App Store is obvious: Customers want trials or demos, and developers want upgrade pricing. Apple hasn't given customers and developers what they want. They've given hacky workarounds like this instead.
2:02 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
Tony Soprano:
>Now they can charge ((recurring payments)) for continued access to apps that you used to have to buy just once.

How so? This isn't a subscription.
5:23 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
Tony Soprano:
>This is the future of productivity apps in the App Store.

I thought Johnny Boy was selling us on how subscriptions were the future of apps? Now it's in-app purchase? Which is it?
5:24 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
@jimothy:

I really don't know...right now the top paid apps are Minecraft Pocket for 6.99 and other games ranging from $3.99 to $0.99. Pocket Casts is $3.99 and I know some Android enthusiasts really like that. Top Grossing productivity apps are all free. I've paid for 2 apps ever and that's probably true for most users. So I'm not saying it's better, just that Grubs shit on Android for so long by saying that the apps suck because they're all free and Android users never pay for anything. That may be true but Apple users are the same way apparently.
6:52 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
Tony Soprano:
>I've paid for 2 apps ever

You're a dipshit.
7:06 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
k
7:42 pm — Monday, 3 October 2016
I've paid for more than a few apps, but I rarely use any third party apps day to day. Mail, Safari, Messages make up at least 95% of my usage.
12:44 am — Tuesday, 4 October 2016