/linked/2016/10/13/tesla-luxury-sedan

Comments

but tesla's not turning a profit, and the others are.
6:38 pm — Thursday, 13 October 2016
McGruber:
Because Tesla continues to invest its money into its business to grow it.
6:57 pm — Thursday, 13 October 2016
Hateful BB-8:
Good. Love or hate America but the one thing we have historically had over the rest of the planet is a willingness to compete. I've watched most of my life as Americans have sat around and bellyached about Japan and Germany taking our auto industry away from us, but I've never seen an American auto company come along and actually go balls-out on the competition. We'd be seeing the same thing with computers and electronics if Microsoft and Apple and Google and countless other American tech companies hadn't come along and gotten determined to own their chunk of that market. The rest of America's industries need to look at our tech and Internet companies and take note. Don't just compete. Compete like your fucking life depends on it.
7:01 pm — Thursday, 13 October 2016
Clinton is the man!:
Low volume, high margin.

Tesla's running high SG&A because it's making its own dealer network. Not sure that number is going to get any lower.
9:21 pm — Thursday, 13 October 2016
Tesla is huge here in LA – but because they are a status symbol.
1:17 am — Friday, 14 October 2016
My Optional Name:
>I've watched most of my life as Americans have sat around and bellyached about Japan and Germany taking our auto industry away from us, but I've never seen an American auto company come along and actually go balls-out on the competition.

Uh, Ford makes some of the most reliable cars today, and it's the foreign auto makers who are fighting against driver assist technologies. At least that's the tech I think it was that some "American" automaker association (that is 100% sponsored by foreign car companies) was fighting against legislation regarding that. Sorry to be vague, it was several months ago and can't recall where (here, I think).
1:48 am — Friday, 14 October 2016
Clinton is the man!:
I was surprised how few Teslas I saw in the Northeast when I was there. Where I live there are Tesla sedans everywhere. Out there, not so much.
3:27 pm — Friday, 14 October 2016
I thought market share wasn't important and the true measure is profit share. Or is that only when it benefits Apple?...
12:21 pm — Saturday, 15 October 2016