/linked/2016/12/02/wending-white-resentment

Comments

anonymous:
> Twitter Essay

Uh, ok.

This guy's dad sounds like someone I'd have a beer with.
9:53 pm — Friday, 2 December 2016
Breaking News:
Trump has done more than reality TV. I'm not sure if Democrats realize that he actually has quite a number of successful businesses.

Oh wait, that's all invalid because he got his seed money from his dad - you know, the way the Kennedys got all their money from Old Joe.

I'm sure some of these entertainers actually are close to reality. Maybe they tip their staff at Christmas, or they pay their hookers/escorts time and a half on weekends?
11:25 pm — Friday, 2 December 2016
enough already:
is this man seriously arguing that people should take their cues from famous people simply because they are famous?
11:25 pm — Friday, 2 December 2016
anonymous:
Twitter is such a piece of shit. It's intentionally difficult to read an "essay" or follow a conversation.

That said, this seems like a rant from a crybaby. It must be that the more curse words and insulting imagery you use, the better the writing is.

It's too bad people don't respect their parents any more. The subject of this rant probably busted their ass so that his little shit of a son could go to university and be a writer, instead of working for a living.
11:34 pm — Friday, 2 December 2016
anonymous:
Regardless of what one thinks of Trump, his "Twitter essay" (god help us), is devoid of real content. It's a cry, a whine, a scream in the dark. And not a well written one.

It shouldn't be, but the sweetest part of the Trump victory (so far at least) is watching the ongoing tantrum of the Left.

If there was ever a movement lacking the temperament to govern, it's progressives.
1:34 am — Saturday, 3 December 2016
jimothy:
>“Apes shouldn’t have guns,”

Oh, christ, did anybody actually say this, other than Strawman McStrawster?
4:48 am — Saturday, 3 December 2016
anonymous:
Reads more like the ramblings of a small child wandering into the middle of a movie.
5:27 am — Saturday, 3 December 2016
Breaking News:
You know, white civilizations really are the best. I'm not sure how many people in the US have lived anywhere else, but I have to tell you Western Civilization is really the greatest thing ever. And it's not just because of the plethora of consumer goods either.

To put it bluntly, the relationship between the individual, the state, and the power elites is substantially different in Western Civilizations. Russia is the exception that proves the rule, because Russia, although white, is sort of fucked up somehow.

The rest of the so-called civilizations (including Russia) are really about crushing the peasants (or proles, etc) and making sure you stay on top. There is none of that fellow man bullshit like in white places; it's "I got mine and you can go fuck yourself."

So all these white people that put white people down, go live in fucking Africa or Asia and have your soul crushed by the powers that be.

People want to come to the US and the West because it's been successful. You don't hear fucking Mexicans clamoring to go to China, or any African country, or India. You don't see them going to Peru or Mexico. You don't see large diasporas trying to get into a muslim country.

The only reason you can put the white man down is because he's letting you. If you did the same in other countries you'd already be dead. Remember that, dumbass.
7:07 am — Saturday, 3 December 2016
anonymous:
> Oh, christ, did anybody actually say this, other than Strawman McStrawster?


Jimothy do you honestly have this much trouble with reading comprehension? It was part of a fucking analogy, not anyone's actual position.
2:57 pm — Saturday, 3 December 2016
anonymous:
> You don't hear fucking Mexicans clamoring to go to China, or any African country, or India. You don't see them going to Peru or Mexico.

You should look at a globe sometime, it might also explain some of this phenomenon.
3:00 pm — Saturday, 3 December 2016
Sebby:
Poor creatures.
3:59 pm — Saturday, 3 December 2016
gruber circlejerk:
> He designed machines meant to mix pigment and paint and other things that saved the company MILLIONS. It got him nothing.

From this stupid tweetstorm.

It got him nothing? It got him a steady paycheck, an ability to go home in relative comfort knowing he had a roof over his head and didn't have to worry about payroll, other employees quitting, government intervention, or anything else an entrepreneur worries about daily.

When did these pussy ass idiots like "Chuck" Wendig start professing that those who risk everything should redistribute it to the laborers who took no risk? Chuck's dad was either well compensated for his efforts, or wasn't smart enough to shop his skill elsewhere.
4:09 pm — Saturday, 3 December 2016
jimothy:
> Jimothy do you honestly have this much trouble with reading comprehension? It was part of a fucking analogy, not anyone's actual position.

Well, yeah, I guess I do have trouble comprehending his rambling tweets. It seems Trump must be the orangutang. Who are the apes? What's the gun? Who's doing the bellowing? What is this analogy supposed to mean?
4:52 pm — Monday, 5 December 2016
Off The Verge:
Nothing ever good comes from following a link to twitter.
11:26 pm — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Leave a Comment
To leave a comment, install the Safari extension!