/linked/2016/12/05/the-outline

Comments

well this sounds like some masturbatory bullshit.
10:04 pm — Monday, 5 December 2016
elbowroom:
I've taken a quick look around the site and it looks like a more hippy-trippy version of The Verge. Haven't we hit the saturation point on these tech-pop-culture website wrapped in a minimalistic yet decorative responsive web design?
11:43 pm — Monday, 5 December 2016
The Verge has sucked massively since Topolsky left. Or since it was bought by Vox.

I'm curious as to why Gruber has such resentment towards him, though.
12:11 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
>The Verge has sucked massively since Topolsky left.

That sentence is three words too long.
12:25 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
elbowroom:
I don't believe The Verge was ever bought by Vox. It was funded by the Vox's parents company and others from the very beginning.

I do find it pretty ironic at one point Topolsky was considered to be an Apple fanboy who ruined Engadget.
3:57 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Off The Verge:
@anon

among other transgressions
3:57 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
elbowroom:
@Off The Verge

Gruber doesn't really hate Topolsky that much even though they don't see eye to eye on many issues. Gruber even showed up on Topolsky's podcast last year.
3:59 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Grubs is so resentful of other people's success or new ventures. Just listen to the way he tries to minimize Gurman's scoops on his podcast.

Pathetic.
5:14 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
TechGirl:
I'd exchange 10 Grubers for 1 Topolsky.
9:44 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Anonymynous:
@TechGirl

I'd exchange 10 Grubers for 9 Grubers.

11:18 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
John Gruber:
I'd exchange myself for 23 Siracuas
11:46 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
Flying Fuck:
Topolsky gargles with goat cocks. He did it with Engadget, he did it with Verge, and he's going to do it again with this sad sack of monkey piss.

I thought the "hipster" news site trend was dead, but this fuck just won't go away.
11:47 am — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
once this new shitshow fails for topolsky, he and gruber can become friends and commiserate over their failed ventures - american mccarver, vesper, the outline, whatever other bullshit they've failed at.
4:46 pm — Tuesday, 6 December 2016
SB Owl:
American McCarver! I'd forgotten about that!

Gruber resents all his competition, but Topolsky holds a special place ever since he had Gruber as a guest on his Verge "talk show" video podcast. Gruber nervously wagged his foot while Topolsky asked him if he was a fanboy.

The Outline looks super sucky. Someone needs to publish a DeOutlined website that just has links and blurbs to the damn content, so you can just quickly see what's there.
1:38 am — Wednesday, 7 December 2016