/linked/2016/12/29/short-and-curlies

Comments

>(My 2003 self has successfully amused today’s self with the headline and sub-heads of this piece.)

Yeah, I suppose being able to insert your head that far up your own rectum must be pretty amusing.
6:05 am — Friday, 30 December 2016
Sebby:
Bloody "smart" quotes.

Worse than typographically-correct quotes: misuse of the single-right-close-quote mark as an apostrophe, leading to all sorts of breakage, including broken braille translation in Mac OS X. This whole trend basically comes down to Apple, and is not born of any real necessity.
10:44 am — Friday, 30 December 2016
webOS & BB10 forever:
Gruber desperate to write about something, even if it means revisiting smart quotes and his "2003 self". Move on (dot org), Gruber!
5:24 pm — Friday, 30 December 2016
>going all the way to 2003 to fill in some space on his blog...

gruber's lost it.
7:15 pm — Friday, 30 December 2016
Dicknose:
Gruber cares so much about this kind of thing that he makes his blog almost unreadable with grey on grey and barely a hint that there is a link somewhere.

Also his blog looks and responds like dog shit on mobile devices.
9:13 pm — Friday, 30 December 2016
>Gruber cares so much about this kind of thing that he makes his blog almost unreadable with grey on grey

How could anybody tell if the quotation marks are curly or straight when the font size is so small?
1:33 am — Saturday, 31 December 2016
![Curly. Straight.](https://frinkiac.com/gif/S05E03/923388/929861.gif?b64lines=)
1:36 am — Saturday, 31 December 2016
> (My 2003 self has successfully amused today’s **alcoholic** self with the headline and sub-heads of this piece.)
3:20 pm — Saturday, 31 December 2016
Anonymynous:
I wrote something 14 years ago and was right. I was right. And I was funny. I was right.

Hey, you, click Post while I get me a gin. I mean get me a— get—

Urrgh…
8:57 pm — Saturday, 31 December 2016
curlies:
Doctorow made a pubes reference in the first line of his article, Gruber pats himself on the back for coming up with 'short and curlies'.

I never thought I'd say this, in any context: Doctorow is the better writer.
12:05 pm — Sunday, 1 January 2016
SmartPants- so good it hasn't been updated in 13 years.

Just like Gruber-shitty Markdown.
6:30 pm — Sunday, 1 January 2016