/linked/2017/01/12/provost-ipad-math

Comments

Vanilla Dry Ice:
Why the fuck do we need another iPad size?

Oh wait, more Smart Cover sales.

How about working on a new MacPro, lazy fucks.
5:23 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Stroke! Stroke!:
IBM needs different sizes for its practice.

The iPad is becoming enterprise hardware, which is why most people don't understand why the iPad line is changing.

5:37 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Vanilla Dry Ice:
I take back what I said. I would actually be very interested in purchasing an iPad that was the same physical dimensions, but with a slightly larger, much higher resolution screen.
6:10 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Vanilla Dry Ice, next time think before you post.
7:36 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Q*Bert:
Yet another post where Gruber uses an obscure bit of data as an excuse to link back to another of his own posts.
8:41 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Architect guy:
I was going to buy an iPad Pro 12.9" but I waited until I could try one at work. It just feels too big and heavy in the hand, so I got a 9.7 Pro at home instead. I think this iPad mini-maxi-Pro thing is going to suit far more people. They should now build a great big 'desktop' iPad that sits on a swivelling stand. That, and the 10.5" would be great for artists and folk like me. The Concepts iOS App is brilliant for this kind of work.
9:00 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
Dicknose:
>Can’t believe I didn’t think to do this again regarding this rumor. The math works out.

It's all about me!
9:06 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
toolshed:
Oh god, now we're getting flash backs to 2010 and rolling around in speculation based on pixel densities, imagining that we just snip off a section of magic panel and voila, a new device!
9:23 pm — Thursday, 12 January 2017
CB:
Oh god yes, I was really Jonesing for some pixel arithmetic. How long has it been?
5:20 am — Friday, 13 January 2017
My Optional Name:
>Why the fuck do we need another iPad size?

Maybe it's not "another" size, but a replacement for the existing 9.7" one? I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen myself, and if they do this and achieve a similar to the existing Air 2, I likely will make this my next one when the time comes. With barely an inch difference in diameter, I don't think it'd make much sense to offer both forms anyway.
6:12 pm — Friday, 13 January 2017