/linked/2017/01/17/apple-ar-lebar

Comments

Q*Bert:
AR and VR are going to be great...in like 100 years. Right now they both suck donkey balls.
1:03 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Dicknose:
>The iPhone didn’t run the Mac OS.

Instead MacOS is becoming more and more like iOS to the point where it is becoming useless for lots of people.

Apple:

>Let's update our computers once every three years and charge next years prices for last years hardware. That will keep the customer happy.

>...what Apple would do for AR or VR...but it’d be its own software platform.

Please good lord no. Apple cant code it's way out of a paper bag these days.
2:02 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
ano:
8:48 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
curlies:
There's a reason Apple is dropping everything called 'Air'.

Think about it. It's the iBook all over again.

Oh, AR, not Air? carry on.
9:05 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Are you guys aware that Apple doesn't even make a VR-capable computer today?

LMAO...

Apple computers are toys. They're fashion accessories and Facebooking Machines.
6:45 pm — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Q*Bert:
> My favorite part of this is how Gruber continues to resist Apple's terrible 'macOS' styling. I mean, I am on his side on that one, but it's also funny because it's such a pretentious branding choice

I don't like it either but my speculation is they had to do it that way because "iOS" already existed. That (along with iPhone) being the most important company product, they weren't going to change it. I mean "I OS" is even weirder than "OS X" was. So the other operating systems had to fall in line with that legacy convention, hence the awkward macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. Unfortunate, but I suspect that was the reasoning. In any case, I still like "macOS" better than "OS X".
7:54 pm — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
>Apple computers are toys. They're fashion accessories and Facebooking Machines.

Are you aware that VR is a toy?
8:33 pm — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
>Are you aware that VR is a toy?

Checkmate, iToddler.
12:38 am — Thursday, 19 January 2017
Dicknose:
If you want to play games get a console, Windows PC, boot into Windows on your mac for an inferior experience, or for an even worse experience just get a mobile device.

Then there's Nintendo. Sigh. Nintendo please stop fucking up!

Apple making a VR headset is laughable. They might do some vaguely useless AR shit with iOS but thats about it.
1:50 am — Thursday, 19 January 2017
>If it's so damn easy, why can't then Apple make a computer that can handle toy shit?

I didn't say it is easy. Just that it's a toy. And a pretty shit one at that. Why should it be a priority for Apple?

You made it sound like it's serious business or something.

As far as general work productivity goes, Mac OS still kicks ass over Windows, which remains shitty and user-unfriendly.

Mac OS isn;t even that great these days, and Windows has been getting better, but if you want to get work done, it's still easier on a Mac (barring specialized areas that require Windows/Linux. Despite the lower hardware specs.

Macs aren;t just a "fashion accessory" as you ignorantly claim. They are working people's computers the world over. Especially if you like to focus on getting work done and not fucking around with drivers and settings and buggy software.
10:46 am — Thursday, 19 January 2017