/linked/2017/01/17/ara-pipe-dream

Comments

Dicknose:
I find it hard to believe that any person reading about Ara thought it would pan out. The idea is interesting, the implementation did not work and was too difficult.

But leave it up to Gruber to pour lemon juice on the paper cut for Google that was Project Ara.

Google were exploring something different and it didn't pan out. So lets pile on and take this opportunity to point out failure for trying.

Wouldn't be surprised if they at least got a few patents out of the Project.
10:21 pm — Tuesday, 17 January 2017
jimothy:
Personally, I think that's a fantastic idea.

![My bitch better have my money](http://oi68.tinypic.com/o8dok9.jpg)
10:25 pm — Tuesday, 17 January 2017
Q*Bert:
Damn it, I could have made millions with my miniature snow globe module idea.
1:06 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Dicknose:
I'd buy both the goldfish and snow globe modules.

Be rockin' it hard with a five pound phone in my pants.
2:55 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
elbowroom:
I'm still perplexed by the love for Ara since anyone who likes such idea would be a geek with some knowledge in technology. If you think about it, it was blatantly obvious from the beginning why it was such a bad idea in terms of tech.

Personally I thought it was doomed as soon as Google paraded it around without having any real industry partnership and showed some crude looking prototypes. I just couldn't believe how much loving it was getting when Google couldn't answer any of the important questions on its shortcomings.
3:00 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Q*Bert:
> I just couldn't believe how much loving it was getting when Google couldn't answer any of the important questions on its shortcomings.

Anything Google says or does these days gets blown hard, no matter how stupid it is. Jesus, their stock jumped like crazy on the news that they changed their company name and stock ticker.
6:04 am — Wednesday, 18 January 2017