/linked/2017/01/24/apple-com-sf-pro

Comments

flooble:
"When we look back decades from now"

no. shoot me now.
2:44 am — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Dicknose:
>When we look back decades from now, I think we’ll see Myriad as Apple’s Jobs-era typeface, and San Francisco as their Cook-era typeface.

Good grief did he really just say decades from now?

Guess what?

Nobody give a flying fuck today! Decades from now. Fuck right off. Hopefully decades from now we will be on other planets, curing cancer and shit, not thinking about something so trivial as Tim Cooks fonts.

The only one who gives a fuck is the same guy who spent more money and time on fonts rather than development for his horseshit note taking app.

This. This John is why your app failed. How about syncing? No no no we need to figure out the font.

No one cares. Only you care. And you only care to make yourself seem self important.

Products people want sell. Whatever the font.
2:54 am — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
hmm:
Fuck you. I care about fonts.
4:34 am — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Not Anonymous:
When we look back decades from now, we'll mostly be wondering why Tim Cook was allowed to hang around for so long.
9:02 am — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Dicknose:
>Fuck you. I care about fonts.

Fair enough. But most people don't. 5 9's don't care. Meaning 99.999%.

The world has basically settled on two fonts. Helvetica and New Roman.

Pretty much every font does not deviate far from either of those. Save for trademarks and advertising.

It's splitting hairs and nobody (meaning most people) don't give a shit as long as it is readable. Like Helvetica or Times New Roman.

I challenge you to ask a 1000 people if they prefer Franklin Gothic or Helvitica. Not a one would either give a shit or know what you are talking about.

Myriad vs. San Francisco. No one gives a fuck or notices. I guarantee it.
7:14 pm — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
They could use wingdings for all I care.
8:16 pm — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Q*Bert:
HOLY SHIT HUGE NEWS!!
8:44 pm — Wednesday, 25 January 2017
Hairy Lime:
Hey, you're forgetting all the wannabe artistic types who love to rag on Comic Sans because it hurts their delicate densibilities. (That last word was a typo, but it works for me.)
1:47 am — Thursday, 26 January 2017