/linked/2017/02/01/barrons

Comments

Not Anonymous:
The complaints about the MacBook Pro are not nuanced: it's not the machine we (actual professionals) were looking for.
12:07 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
Q*Bert:
> to create the illusion of false drama.

Wait, wouldn't the "illusion of false drama" be real drama?
12:11 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
People can buy something, but not be happy with it. Especially considering the lock-in that happens with most computing/electronic products.

Sales figures are not proof of customer satisfaction.
12:48 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
Dicknose:
>Sales figures are not proof of customer satisfaction.

I 100% agree with you on that.

If great sales numbers equals "customer sat" as Tim Cook likes to sometimes say, then the most satisfied computer users would all be using Windows. And we all know that ain't true.

(Full disclosure I switched back to Windows about a year ago because of many reasons, and Its ok, I'm not in love with any OS these days)
8:15 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
knowitall:

Apple is small percentage of the pc world. I think consistent sales prove customer satisfaction where there isn't a monopoly situation. Simply because customers have the choice to buy something else.
10:22 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
Dicknose:
>Windows was a monopolistic business which used illegal means to keep it a monopoly.

I tend to agree with that statement. But that was decades ago.

>Apple is small percentage of the pc world.

Also true. But their hardware tends to be overpriced for plenty of people. And some people like myself have been pushed off the platform. Rolling your own or upgrading for a fraction of the cost is a real issue. (Just one example)

>I think consistent sales prove customer satisfaction where there isn't a monopoly situation

I think consistent sales proves there a base of users who know that Apple makes fantastic hardware. But its overpriced and not able to do what some users need to do. So again I agree, with those few caveats.

>Simply because customers have the choice to buy something else.

Choice is a good thing and makes these companies produce better products. So again, agreed.

You made a great comment BTW. I agree with you for the most part, but there are people with businesses where its just not worth it or the hardware/software doesn't exist to do what they need to in order to buy Apple anymore.

I stand by a comment I made in another thread, the iPhone and iPad are unrivaled in my opinion. But the Mac is not worth it for a lot of people.
11:24 am — Thursday, 2 February 2017
Dicknose:
I hump gnats in case you all haven't noticed.

Praised be Dicknose.