/linked/2017/02/14/kafka-cue

Comments

An analyst might try to make a point one way or the other as to whether it's a good thing that Apple is now creating reality television. But...
5:41 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
> This is mainstream reality TV. This is not a documentary about what it’s actually like to create a new app or app-based service. It’s reality TV.

So why is Apple doing it? Anyone? Gruber? Gruber? Gruber?
5:54 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
ano:
After watching the promo I thought at least Gruber would have the honesty to talk about how fucking shit it is.

From the name to everything else in the production, it is cheap and derivative. It's a shit cheaper clone of Shark Tank, for fucks sake!

This combined with the promo of the SPIN-OFF of the Carpool Karaoke segment from The Late Late Show show an Apple that is 100% clueless and throwing money at garbage in TV entertainment.

6:44 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
It's funny, Cue was talking about how they want to inject "culture" into shows and they can only do that by creating their own...and then they come out with two derivative reality shows. And they're not even on their "TV" platform. wtf.
7:06 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
President Donald. J. Fuckfaceofaperson:
As a shareholder, call me in 3 months and I'll let you know if this was a worthwhile endeavor.

If I get richer, then it's good; otherwise, this sucks.
7:20 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
They've jumped the shark with this load of shit.
7:55 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
> Jesus, Gruber. Maybe he is holding out a fantasy for Apple money for his own show or something.

Holy shit, chills just ran down my spine..
8:41 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
>holding out a fantasy for Apple money for his own show or something.

> his own show or something.

> his own show

Nailed it
9:29 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
What was that thing about Apple saying "no" and "curating" superior experiences?

11:21 pm — Tuesday, 14 February 2017
> I believe Gruber once said that Apple was not a computer company or a software company, but rather an "experience" company. I guess that includes shitty experiences.

Also I thought Gruber liked to crow about how Apple has "taste".
1:11 am — Wednesday, 15 February 2017
"This is mainstream reality TV. This is not a documentary about what it’s actually like to create a new app or app-based service. It’s reality TV."

Welcome to Donald Trump's America.

This would never have happened if Hillary was elected, or Steve Jobs were alive.

Planet of the Apps is going to make America great again!

Tim Cuck 2020!
1:20 am — Wednesday, 15 February 2017
anno:
Apple has always provided "shitty experiences" through iTunes, including music, apps and movies that are awful. It's just a little weird that Apple is funding the production now.

I'm really hoping they'll do a telenovela next.
3:09 am — Wednesday, 15 February 2017
nononono:
Did the Beats music guys always want to do tv?
5:04 am — Wednesday, 15 February 2017
Planet of the Apps looks so bad.
12:38 pm — Wednesday, 15 February 2017
John Rodham Gruber:
Why can't Gruber grow a pair and say what we all know to be true, that Eddy Cue should have been fired years ago. This is only further evidence of that fact.
5:35 pm — Thursday, 16 February 2017
John Rodham Gruber:
>I see a lot of griping on Twitter that Planet of the Apps looks corny / phony / cheesy / whatever. Of course it does. This is mainstream reality TV.

Almost missed this nugget of wisdom. Gruber really will bend over backwards to excuse anything Apple does. If Apple had produced a flip-phone instead of the original iPhone as it was introduced, would he have excused it as "I see a lot of griping that the iPhone looks like shit. Of course it does. This is mainstream mobile telephony?"
5:44 pm — Thursday, 16 February 2017
"This is mainstream reality TV."

Does Gruber defend Trump's mainstream reality TV the same way?

Of course not. because Gruber is making a piss poor indefensible argument. I expect nothing less from a cuck like Gruber.
9:09 pm — Thursday, 16 February 2017
I look forward to both of these shows.
2:39 am — Friday, 17 February 2017
John Rodham Gruber:
>I look forward to both of these shows.

You're a moron.