/linked/2017/02/17/ipad-we-hear-you

Comments

ano:
cringey and "fellow kids"-ey from what I've seen.

positioning an iPad as a replacement for a laptop tasks is insulting. You can't handwave that off with a quick joke in the last few seconds.
11:41 pm — Friday, 17 February 2017
Not Anonymous:
This is much more like the Switch campaign the started in 2002, the unsuccessful predecessor to Get a Mac.

But this campaign seems like an admission of failure. They are explaining what should be obvious.

And no less troubling is their awkward and rote tone, totally devoice of the wry charm that made Get a Mac such a strong campaign.
12:03 am — Saturday, 18 February 2017
ano:
> the Switch campaign the started in 2002, the unsuccessful predecessor

jolted my memory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt2MK67-Qw
1:55 am — Saturday, 18 February 2017
toolshed:
It's half about trying to soften the sticker shock (by far the biggest reason people don't ditch their $400 laptop for an iPad) and half about the Best Buys etc of the world a sales pitch.
7:22 am — Saturday, 18 February 2017
Ahaha.

I was just thinking to myself that I haven't read DaringFireball in years. But I was super curious since Apple stopped being moderately exciting anymore. "What would Gruber write about?" Oh man. "Uh, great commercial Apple!!!!" "Here is how I interpret this campaign and who they're targeting" LOL
3:07 pm — Saturday, 18 February 2017
"The target is clearly getting people to switch from Windows PCs to iPads."

Yeah. Sure. Try getting anything 'work related' done on an ipad other than very light lifting.

"I find it interesting that the framing for each spot is a tweet, printed out and held on screen as a poster."

Twitter won't be around in 5 years if they keep up their bullshit. The only people left using it will be left wing special snowflakes, that gorilla woman, and CNN.

Everyone else will be blocked or shadow banned, or outright banned. People will give up on that useless platform and move on to the next thing.

Twitter is like YouTube comments without the videos.
5:28 pm — Saturday, 18 February 2017
> Knobs like Gruber love Twitter. But it's a cesspool of meaningless shit and left wing ideals.

i agree that it's a cesspool, but you completely undermined yourself with this. i mean, it's trump's favorite form of 'direct communication' with his sycophants, which i assume you to be. it's a full-on echo chamber for his bullshit and those who support him.
10:59 pm — Saturday, 18 February 2017
"but you completely undermined yourself with this"

How so? Please explain how I undermined myself. Did the gorilla comment get under your thin skin?

"it's trump's favorite form of 'direct communication' with his sycophants"

If you say so. You are mighty quick to make assumptions and draw conclusions which are completely unfounded.

"which i assume you to be"

Wrong. Your assumption is so far removed from reality I don't know where to begin.

"it's a full-on echo chamber"

Yes. Yes it is.

"for his bullshit and those who support him."

As well as it's an echo chamber for his detractors.

You falsely assume I like Trump and then continue to undermine your own point.

You my friend are a jackass of the highest order.
1:31 pm — Sunday, 19 February 2017
Anonymynous:
>I was just thinking to myself that I haven't read DaringFireball in years. But I was super curious since Apple stopped being moderately exciting anymore. "What would Gruber write about?" Oh man.

Imagine if that anon had come back for the next post about barstools.
8:09 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017