/linked/2017/02/19/wondrich-barstools

Comments

>when you can pull one up, lay a stack of bills on the bar

I don't think this guy knows how to order drinks.
11:05 pm — Sunday, 19 February 2017
toolshed:
Any bar will have a service only area, with no seating.
11:21 pm — Sunday, 19 February 2017
nononono:
11:56 pm — Sunday, 19 February 2017
nononono:
11:56 pm — Sunday, 19 February 2017
My Optional Name:
>nothing about how easy it is to fall off a barstool once you're drunk? Massive usability issue, which Apple barstools will address.

It's a deliberate and rather ingenious design. Once you are too drunk to order more drinks, you simply fall off to make way for the next patron.
12:41 am — Monday, 20 February 2017
In the bars around here the service area is only for wait staff and you will not get served if you stand there.
1:28 am — Monday, 20 February 2017
it must suck to be short.
2:53 am — Monday, 20 February 2017
Tillie:
Why the fuck is this even on here? Isn't this a tech blog? What the fuck do barstools – and who hates them – have to do with anything?
3:10 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Tillie:
Oh, wait. I get it... It's about drinking. It all makes sense now.
3:59 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Vanilla Dry Ice:
It's obvious this dude doesn't pull trim like I do.

I'll now insert the quote about making lemonade out of lemons...

"Excuse my reach...oh, hey there, how's it going tonight?"

It's so fuckin' easy, it's ridiculous.
4:44 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
piece of kit:
> Vanilla Dry Ice:
> Reaching over a hot chick to pay/get your drink is the easiest way to start a conversation (and end it with her at breakfast time).…It's so fuckin' easy, it's ridiculous.

Yes, Vanilla Dry Ice, you sound like quite the catch.
6:24 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Mac Pro is Dead:
These are apparently impossible to google image search, but bars have those Pipe things to denote the ordering area.
8:00 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Anonymynous:
>Never really thought about it before, but it really does suck trying to get a drink at a bar when all the stools are occupied.

I would be embarrassed to post this to my 12 Twitter followers, yet somehow it makes the cut for the blog Gruber depends on to feed his family.

Just say excuse me.
8:04 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Mac Pro is Dead:
> I would be embarrassed to post this to my 12 Twitter followers

8:10 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
Mac Pro is Dead:
That was meant to have an "XD" emoji after the quote. Mr. Macintosh's blog (with comments!) strips out emoji ?!
8:11 pm — Monday, 20 February 2017
jimothy:
> Why the fuck is this even on here? Isn't this a tech blog?

It has to do with drinking, which lately at least, Grubes has more expertise in than tech. And there's an offhand mention of Trump, which lately, Grubes has more interest in.
3:14 pm — Tuesday, 21 February 2017
"I hate barstools and you should too"... "but, if there's a barstool free I'll take it"
5:26 pm — Tuesday, 21 February 2017
Cuck Gruber:
"I am a little bitch and never understood how to order drinks at a bar which is why I drink alone at home"

-John Gruber