/linked/2017/02/23/trump-transgender-rights

Comments

That's cool -- I know that Gruber's kid is trans. Good for zer.
2:48 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
Do we really have a right to use any bathroom we choose? Or indeed any facility segregated by any criteria? Where in the Constitution can I find this right? And where in the Constitution can I find the right to have others accept the identity I choose to patina myself with?

I'm gay. But the association of L and G with T is spurious.

Gender dysmorphia is poorly understood and over-diagnosed. You can choose any identity you wish, but your DNA doesn't change to match this identity.

We should respond with compassion and seek the deeper understanding that is missing, but blindly acquiescing to every demand of each self-proclaimed victimized minority is socially destructive.
3:28 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
ano:
So much of the transgender agenda is fueled by men who have a sexual kink of pretending to be women. The screaming denial of this basic fact is incredibly frustrating.
3:30 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
Spanky Mulrooney's ex dorm mates boyfriends accountant:
I vote for open pit defecation
3:45 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
My Optional Name:
I don't get the controversy. If yer a dude using the urinal, I'd be more weirded out by a queer checking out my junk than I would be by a woman pretending to be a man.* If yer a dude and in a stall, or a chick where you WILL be in a stall in the ladies room, who seriously gives an actual shit? It's private. No one is sneaking peeks into a closed stall.

*In reality, I don't even think about it. It's not like I'd be raped or anything if someone happened to admire my dick. I'd just spit on them and go on my merry way.
4:39 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
My Optional Name:
As far as Trump's "retrograde" stance... he's leaving it up to the states to make the decisions, not actually banning restroom selection based on "gender identity". This is in line with the Republican doctrine of minimizing federal interference in how to states choose to run things. It just makes for 50x more work on the part of activists, or better yet, makes it incumbent on the residents of those states to run those ignorant bigoted Republicans out of office.
4:45 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
4:47 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
My Optional Name:
>We're not admiring it, My Optional Name. We just not accustomed to seeing one quite so small.

Optional Response #1: Oh hahahahah. Good one, you got me. How witty of you. Heee. Hee. Hooo. Haww.

Optional Response #2: So you admit eyeballing my dick? Are you a queer, or a woman who wants to be a man so she can be a queer?
5:03 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
None of this would have happened if Steve Jobs had a vagina.
6:07 am — Friday, 24 February 2017
Trannies = MENTAL ILLNESS.
1:40 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
Shake it around:
The Goober doesn't understand that the press is deliberately mischaracterizing the issue.

There were never "rules" or "protections" put out by the DoE; it was guidance.

The DoE doesn't have any jurisdiction over who gets to shit where.
3:15 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
jimothy:
@Shake it around:

ED\* "guidance" often means "accept our guidance, or lose funds," such as their guidance to colleges to subvert due process or risk losing funds.

Unfortunately, cabinet administrations have often found ways to assert jurisdiction where they have none.

* The accepted acronym for the Education Department, aka Department of Education. DOE is the Department of Energy.
4:32 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
jimothy:
So much for my attempt at a footnote.
4:33 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
John Rodham Gruber:
The Department of Education shouldn't exist at all, much less be issuing "guidance" on anything.
7:21 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
Shake it around:
10:31 pm — Friday, 24 February 2017
John Rodham Gruber:
>When's the last time the department of education has pulled anything, much less funds?

Who gives a rat's ass? The whole bureaucracy should itself be de-funded. The federal government has no business operating an education department.
9:01 am — Saturday, 25 February 2017
Live by the pen, die by the pen.

This shouldn't be a federal issue anyway.
5:05 pm — Saturday, 25 February 2017
> This is in line with the Republican doctrine of minimizing federal interference in how to states choose to run things.

sure, just like they let states decide about legalizing weed or abortion or sanctuary cities.

> The federal government has no business operating an education department.

it's in the best interests of a successful country to have an educated populace. you know, to compete with the rest of the world. however, this administration, and apparently you as well, would prefer an ignorant population that buys into all their fear mongering bullshit and will just keep voting them into power because they're make the scary people go away. all while plundering the country for all it's worth. after all, it'll take a couple generations for it to completely fail, and they're all old anyway.
6:06 pm — Sunday, 26 February 2017
Not Anonymous:
Do you not see the difference in jurisdictions between say a federal rule of bathroom access for transgendered people and sanctuary cities?

It is in the best interest of the country to have an educated population. Why do you think states can't or wouldn't handle this? What evidence do you have that increasing Dept of Education involvement will boost scores? Or even that increased spending will move the needle? (Hint: spending in real terms is way up since 1970 yet test scores are flat.)

Right now, all the fear mongering and panic-induced overreaction and plundering of our civic inheritance is coming from the left.
4:50 pm — Monday, 27 February 2017