/linked/2017/04/03/twitter-poll-touch-bar

Comments

It feels gimmicky and offers little utility, and it raises the price considerably.
7:47 pm — Monday, 3 April 2017
The Touch Bar sounds like a venue where the Uber team books events.
8:37 pm — Monday, 3 April 2017
Touch bar = garbage.
9:50 pm — Monday, 3 April 2017
I've had a Touch Bar since December, and I find it useless. It has crashed on about a weekly basis, taking the machine down with it. I get zero utility from it. Cost/benefit calculus is not terribly difficult.
12:29 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Save the Mac.
Fire Tim Cook.
3:34 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
toolshed:
Arment's such a whiny little wannabe though. If ever there was a guy afraid of the world, and a true conservative (wants the world to be a certain way and stay that way forever). A self-obsessed full-of-himeslf jerk too, who's never actually had to get on with people. So his opinion on anything counts for ZERO.
4:15 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
ohm:
@toolshed:

Arment may be a whingy ass, but what have his concerns to do with conservatism?

I should also ask: in what way do conservatives want the world not to change and to stay as it is, forever?

I assume that you're a 'liberal' or socialist or perhaps an an com or an cap. Who knows.

I happen to sit right in the middle, a belly button fucker as it were. I listen to and read conservative and liberal opinions day in day out, about evenly spread. In no way do I see evidence that conservatives want to keep the world the way it is, forever.

I think you'll have to dig very very far into idealistic dumps to find 'evidence' for that.
4:23 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Marco is insufferable, but he's certainly allowed to be right about the Touch Bar.
5:01 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
toolshed:
@ohm: whatever you are (I couldn't care less), your powers of comprehension may be limited. I said a conservative wants the world *to be a certain way and stay that way*, not to stay the way it is now. That is the definition of conservative (not capital-C Conservative) and has nothing to do with liberal, Liberal, socialist, whatever. And like all such positions, it's impossible.
5:03 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
ohm:
@toolshed:

I misquoted you, mea culpa.

But if you read history, you will see conservatism changing from age to age and keeping within itself a sense of rightness. Change and conservatism go hand in hand. Arbitrary changes, however, do not go hand in hand with conservatism the way they do with liberalism, which appears to prefer the arbitrary to the natural or evolutionary.

I think you'll find change both necessary parcel to both.
6:28 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Dumb Grub:
Found this interesting read down the Marco rabbit hole:

10:13 am — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
toolshed:

Arment comes across as a bit more arrogant than most, but since when did technical people excel at getting on with others? (And, by the way, I've never heard him trash anyone the way he gets trashed here.) He worked at Tumblr for 3½ years and now seems to have good relationships with others in the Apple community who have sizable followings like Gruber, Siracusa, Snell, Hurley, etc. He also has no problem getting sponsors for his podcast and app. I'm baffled as to how you can conclude that his opinion counts for nothing.
12:52 pm — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
@anonymous:
He buys high-end audio equipment to listen to Phish.

Fucking Phish.

What else do you need to know?
1:29 pm — Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Insufferable is a good way to describe Arment. Especially his whole "I have opinions but I know I'll get feedback and that hurts my feelings so I won't say anything" shtick.
2:17 pm — Tuesday, 4 April 2017