/linked/2017/05/04/shopping-cards

Comments

>I always return my shopping cart.

We're all incredibly impressed by that, Mr. Gruber.
11:17 pm — Thursday, 4 May 2017
I guess people are just assholes, except for *yours truly*
11:20 pm — Thursday, 4 May 2017
Would be interesting to see how this varies by region. I moved from upstate NY to Oregon a few years back and I observed two things almost immediately: 1) people in Oregon are much better about returning their shopping carts. 2) public restrooms in Oregon are generally clean, even in places like gas stations.
11:47 pm — Thursday, 4 May 2017
Gruber the Booger:
John Gruber is Gods gift to the planet. God bless John Gruber.

Let it be known from now, John "Grocery Cart" Gruber shall be hailed as "Returner of All Carts"

Praise Gruber so that YOUR cart may not have a wobbly wheel.
12:22 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
i agree with gruber on this. people who don't return their carts are assholes. they're almost as bad as people who throw their towels on the floor in the gym locker room, when there's a towel drop on the way out. fucking assholes, the lot of them.
12:47 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
>i agree with gruber on this. people who don't return their carts are assholes.

This is true. But actually bragging about returning your cart (like most people do) is fucking weird.
1:18 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
toolshed:
I hate the cunts that put their shoes on the benches in the change rooms (at pools, gyms etc). LEAVE YOUR FUCKING SHOES ON THE FUCKING FLOOR.
1:18 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
Vanilla Dry Ice:
I actually like it when shopping carts are strewn about. Instead of having to walk, with two infants in tow, to the grocery store/Target/Home Depot entrance ,where they're all located, I like it when there's a random shopping cart three feet away, because "some asshole left it there and didn't return it."

So, how about that?
1:30 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
In Poughkeepsie the problem is so bad that most stores require a quarter ($0.25) deposit to unlock the cart from the queue, and then you get the quarter back when you return the cart and lock it back in.

I'll never forget one time when I was returning a cart and some bitch started yelling at me, "I ain't never gonna return a cart fer a goddamn quarter" like she was too fucking high and mighty to return a shopping cart.
1:56 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
>In Poughkeepsie

That's not a real place.
2:14 am — Friday, 5 May 2017
> So, how about that?

the good of the many outweighs the good of the few. return your fucking carts.
2:54 pm — Friday, 5 May 2017
Gruber the Booger:
When I am done pumping gas into my car, I ALWAYS place the pump back in its holster.

Where's my fucking award?
4:50 pm — Friday, 5 May 2017