/linked/2017/08/28/nypd-blue

Comments

Vanilla Dry Ice:
"Really does seem baffling that they’d invest so heavily in Windows Phone in 2014, long after it was clear that the platform was dying."

This is a department of cops that shoot first and ask questions later. They're all idiots, who just go around and fuck people up, disregarding the rule of law. You think they're smart enough to know how to buy IT capital equipment? A GED and a pulse is all you need to be on the NYPD. The worst part is that these cocksuckers think they're heroes the second they walk out of the academy. You know who's a hero? The dude that sits in the back of those trucks that paint stripes on freeways; they sit there while you and I drive by at 90 MPH. That's a hero, not a douchebag cop who shoots people for jaywalking.
10:22 pm — Monday, 28 August 2017
Hock a Loogie:
"DEPARTMENTS NEEDS"?
11:20 pm — Monday, 28 August 2017
Vanilla Dry Ice is right.

New York City would be much better without the police.

How can we get back to NYC circa 1979?
12:08 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
G Train Rider:
You guys sound butthurt. Can't afford a decent Manhattan apartment, eh?
12:18 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Gruber the Booger:
Did Gruber ever mention the 40,000+ iPads that the L.A. school district purchased and later resulted in a huge debacle and handful of lawsuits?

He was remarkably silent on that shitshow.

As far as cops go, I'm satisfied that I can call 911 when needed. I don't live in fantasy land. Where I live there is both chocolate and vanilla. A little spicy cinnamon too.

Do I jaywalk? Yep. Hundreds if not thousands of times in my lifetime. Have I ever been hassled by a cop for jaywalking? Never. Not once.

Do I speed? Absolutely. Have I been pulled over for doing so? Dozens of times.

When I get pulled over, I roll down all my windows, turn the car off, put the keys on my dash in plain view and put my hands on the steering wheel in plain view.

Those simple actions get me out of a ticket just about every single time. Simply because the cop appreciates my simple actions of not clearly not being a danger. Turn off the car, remove the keys, hands in plain view. Simple actions. It's remarkably effective.

Also don't talk to cops. You have the right to remain silent. Use that right and shut your pie hole. Don't be a dick. Don't make sudden movements. Never resist arrest. You are simply asking for it when you behave otherwise.

Get a lawyer and have your day in court. If you can't afford a lawyer one will be provided for you.

Do not try to make your case on the street like an animal. Street justice never ends well with cops.

I like cops. I like it when I see a cop roll through the neighborhood and the worthless humans who do absolutely nothing for society scatter. Humans who litter with a trash can 5 feet away, humans that make a ton of noise as if we all want to listen to their shit. They are the humans that scatter like cockroaches when the the cops roll by.

Why do they scatter?

If they dindu nuffin why do they scatter?

When I see a cop I know I have nothing to worry about. Because I actually did not do anything. Other than speeding or jaywalking as mentioned above, very minor crimes.

It's like when a friend of mine was pissing and moaning that they got pulled over for no tail lights. I said "You are a fucking moron. What kind of idiot drives a 4000 pound death machine without tail lights?"

I guess in today's society asking people to use their brains and not act like animals is asking too much.
2:21 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
alt white:
copz is slave patrolls
2:58 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
makes sense:
6:20 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
knob gobble:
Do you drive a sweet IROC Camaro, Gruber the Booger?
6:30 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Gruber the Booger:
Such sick burns from you guys.

You are all totally on point and make genius arguments that can not be rebutted.

>what kind of moron is friends with an idiot who drives a 4000 pound death machine without tail lights?

What kind of person asks such a question? She is a very successful and a self made millionaire. She got in pulled over because of a short in the wire to the tail lights of one of her cars. Instead of bitching she should have thanked the cop and I told her as much.

>Do you drive a sweet IROC Camaro, Gruber the Booger?

Yeah when I was a young snot nosed teenager. I have owned a handful of Camaros in my day. Been through a few Corvettes too. I currently own some classics and like having a few trucks on hand. My daily driver is a boring 4 door sedan that is big, fast and comfortable.

I'm no Jay Leno, but I usually have around 10 cars and trucks these days. My days fucking around with motorcycles are over.
7:43 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Tillie:
Gruber the Booger is a bot. Nobody on the internet is this earnest.
11:06 am — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
catfood:
pretty good bot tho. smug, condescending fuck, but writes in complete, grammatically-correct sentences. a relatively rare animal on the interwebs. i loved people like that back when i ran a bbs because they could keep the dumbest little thing going for days in a fairly amusing way.

*If they dindu nuffin why do they scatter?*

back to the topic, though, i'm surprised they didn't go with androids. i'd love to see the internal study that picked iphones.
2:55 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Wind Oh's:
They apparently got the phones for free last time:

[https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/29/nypd-confirms-transition-to-iphones/] (https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/29/nypd-confirms-transition-to-iphones/)
3:35 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
>... but writes in complete, grammatically-correct sentences.

Like this one?

>"He was such a good boy." Says every mother who's criminal son was shot and killed.
4:41 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Gruber the Booger:
>pretty good bot tho.

Thanks catfood.

>smug, condescending fuck,

I will take that as a complement. I am smug, I am condescending and I have worked my ass off my entire life to get to where I am today.

>but writes in complete, grammatically-correct sentences.

If only, I spot way too many errors in my own posts. But thanks. I try. I am no wizard with the keyboard. My writing is more like a baby eating cheerios than anything.

I like the DFwC crew. We push each other around a bit, and hopefully make arguing above just trashing the other.

>maybe they've grown accustomed to getting hassled based on socioeconomic status even when they really dindu nuffin. been there myownself.

This is important to say and well said catfood.

To that I say dig out of the ditch and be a better human being. Just because I never experienced it doesn't mean it does not exist.

I get knocked down from time to time, dust off my shoulders and do it again.

We've all been there. Be it by the cops, the system, the society. The person doing the hiring.

But at the end of the day, never stop trying. Never talk to cops, and never be an asshole to society. Life is pretty smooth that way.
5:41 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
catfood:
*To that I say dig out of the ditch and be a better human being.*

that's easier said than done. i've worked my ass off all my life, but i don't care to contemplate where i might be without some lucky breaks i neither earned nor deserved. not everybody gets those, and i'm not going to judge anyone who hasn't been as fortunate as i've been.

*We push each other around a bit, and hopefully make arguing above just trashing the other.*

yeah, that's pretty much my sweet spot for message boards.

*never be an asshole*

that's paid more dividends in my life than anything else (when i succeed at doing it, anyhow).
6:56 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Gruber F. Johnson:
>Really does seem baffling that they’d invest so heavily in Windows Phone in 2014, long after it was clear that the platform was dying.

Only to a stupid limousine liberal like John Gruber is it "baffling" that a government could possibly engage in this kind of fiscal mismanagement.

See, John, this is why some of us don't want even more government stupidity in our lives. They can't even manage to buy smartphones for the police without turning it into a royal clusterfuck.
8:38 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
catfood:
the phones were free.
8:52 pm — Tuesday, 29 August 2017
Culturally appropriated:
Now the NYPD can run their taxi service on a secure platform!
2:09 am — Wednesday, 30 August 2017
Gruber F. Johnson:
>the phones were free.

What part of a $160 million contract is "free"?
10:09 am — Wednesday, 30 August 2017
catfood:
the phones, apparently.
2:35 pm — Wednesday, 30 August 2017
alt white:
nobody cares
6:12 pm — Wednesday, 30 August 2017
Anonymous®:
Keeping Wall Street safe…

6:59 pm — Wednesday, 30 August 2017
Gruber F. Johnson:
>the phones, apparently.

If I sell you a grossly overpriced piece of land but throw in a broken down Soviet 1980 Lada Riva "for free," are you really getting the car for free?

This isn't difficult stuff.
7:05 am — Thursday, 31 August 2017
How dare you question your betters?:
> Keeping Wall Street safe…
> NYPD's Jessica Tisch is a 30 year old, Harvard MBA. Tisch is a friend to the Mayor’s daughter, Emma; her mother, Meryl, is a family friend to the Mayor. Tisch is the granddaughter and one of the heirs to the now-deceased billionaire Laurence Tisch who built the Loews Corporation. Her father, James Tisch, is now the CEO of the Loews Corporation and was elected by Wall Street banks to sit on the Federal Reserve Bank of New York until 2013 representing the public’s interest.

![](http://i.imgur.com/RAdG7rN.jpg)
2:09 pm — Friday, 1 September 2017
Enhance!:
That last set of picture has got to be an "Enhance!" joke waiting to be made.
4:31 pm — Saturday, 2 September 2017