/linked/2017/09/08/wsj-touch-id

Comments

2b1ask1:
I got a new phone at the Xfinity store yesterday in King of Prussia, PA...

And the rep said they were expecting the new iPhones to be delivered later in the afternoon.

Interesting.
6:40 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
anon:
Rep was probably confused. No way these leave China until Sept 16th or so.
6:52 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
Grubhub:
I love how Gruber can't stop saying "D22." Desperate to flaunt the only piece of information he has about the next iPhone.
7:19 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
Gruber the Booger:
>I love how Gruber can't stop saying "D22."

Once Gruber gets a thing on the brain it's like watching a dog with a bone. He can't let it go.

He tried awfully hard to make "dickbar" catch on. It didn't.

>By this account, it sounds like Apple is rushing D22 to market, before it’s actually good enough to ship.

Yeah, those Samsung displays are just horrible. Burning my eyeholes with how terrible they are. Apple is rushing to nothing. They are years behind despite investing a few billion in LG.

>But it really depends who the Journal’s sources are.

Translation: I have no birdies left, no sources, I have nothing. So lets question the rumor mill I am linking to because I am washed up.

>With two of the bylined reporters in Tokyo, it seems very possible the sources are in the supply chain, not at Apple.

Not at Apple. Well no fucking shit Sherlock. When was the last time an Apple employee leaked something and put their name on it in a byline?

Has Gruber completely lost his mind?

Captain obvious has zero insights and zero sources.

I feel more stupid and less informed reading what Gruber writes these days.
8:27 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
No Touch ID is dumb. Face ID will never be good enough.
8:35 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
ohm:
If it doesn't work in the dark, bad lighting, or immediately, reliably, and with as much security, it is flawed. There is simply no way that facial recognition is anywhere near close to the solidity and reliability of even first-gen fingerprint IDs.
11:58 pm — Friday, 8 September 2017
No, no, no, the rumors have it wrong. The new phone doesn't have FACIAL recognition, it has FECAL recognition. To unlock it you have to shove it up your butt.
12:31 am — Saturday, 9 September 2017