/linked/2017/09/21/cook-daca

Comments

Gruber the Booger:
>I like [this bit too][c]:

Markdown bites Gruber too.

Now I don't feel so bad when I fuck it up.
6:12 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
Tim, if you want to run for office, please retire from Apple (please please please) and do it.

But do try to educate yourself about an issue – 'dreamers' included – before you do.

1. Most did not come to America when they were 2.
2. Many did make a decision to come.
3. Many do not only know America.
4. Many do not consider this their home.
5. Many do not love America.
6. Many do not have jobs.
7. Many do not pay net taxes.
8. Many are not the pillars of their communities.
9. Many are not incredible people.
10. It is nothing at all like telling Mike Bloomberg that he's not a citizen and must leave.

You have no evidence for any of your claims, most of which are easily refuted. But even if true, they don't matter.

We are a country of laws. These people are lawbreakers and have no lawful claim on continued residence here.

The biggest issue of our time is the increasing disconnection of our effete elite with reality, as evidenced by the 'dreamer' crisis – which people like you created by attempting to ignore immigration law for decades. You are the rot eating us from within.
6:16 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
Gruber the Booger:
>If you see something going on that’s not right, the most powerful form of consent is to say nothing.

If you see Samsung, say Samsung.
6:17 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
> As a CEO, not only today but in the past as well, I think silence is the ultimate consent.

As a CEO, your job is to make the best products possible, not lecture me about your preferred politics.

DACA may be the biggest issue in our time, but not for the reason you think. It may be because it violated our Constitution, which you apparently don't care about. If you wanted DACA to be permanent, then don't laud Obama for making it an unconstitutional EO.

So before you lecture me, learn some damn facts.
6:46 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
anon:
"It's racist to not let anyone who wants into America in. We should let in 50 - 100 million Latin Americans.

Then, in 40 years, we should demand free healthcare, foodstamps, and housing for all of them."

--Democrats in 1965.
7:17 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
Anonymous®:
Why should I pay for someone else's healthcare insurance? I am an island!

-- Libertarians, 2017
7:51 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
Why should I pay for someone else's healthcare insurance? I am an island!

-- No one ever, never, nowhere
8:14 pm — Thursday, 21 September 2017
Legion of Bad Ideas:
DACA is executive overreach at its worth. This is the DACA legal translation:

"Let's suspend the laws for a privileged group."

This is why Democrats are so fucking stupid. Sure it's sad that these kids' parents brought them to a foreign country illegally and basically fucked them by gambling they'd get amnesty. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

3:53 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Daring Shareholder:
>This is unacceptable.

Actually, Tim, as an Apple shareholder what I find "unacceptable" is you prancing around the country bloviating about politics (and, yes, it's a "political thing," despite your claims to the contrary).

Either do your actual job as CEO - which is not to expound upon your opinion on immigration policy - or resign. Then you can be a full-time politician without my objection.
9:36 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Daring Shareholder:
Also noteworthy is how Gruber loves Tim Cook for this kind of crap but can't stop denigrating Peter Thiel for his political opinions.

>I think silence is the ultimate consent. If you see something going on that’s not right, the most powerful form of consent is to say nothing.

Apparently this *only* applies if what you're saying is personally agreeable to John Gruber.
9:40 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Legion of Bad Ideas:
Silence = Death

Wow, old Tim is equating gay rights with allowing illegal immigrants to stay in the US.

Why doesn't he push that shit over in the Middle East? You know, where he'd be arrested and beheaded?
1:00 pm — Friday, 22 September 2017