/linked/2017/09/21/toms-iphone-8

Comments

>The “Bionic” part in the name of Apple’s A11 Bionic chip isn’t just marketing speak.

So, the processor literally replaces parts of the human body?

That's an interesting claim.
12:53 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
kill me already:
+1 to TBF's observation. That bothered me too. It is absolutely just marketing speak, but the product it is marketing is still a good one.

* * *

I came here to say that Gruber masturbated to ejaculation upon reading the results of these benchmarks. Holding his review unit in one hand, he just looked at it, cock in his other hand, murmuring “years ahead, years ahead” until he dribbled down onto the Eames he uses for support while reblogging actual journalists.
2:06 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Gruber the Booger:
Specs lives matter.
3:07 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
My Optional Name:
>I came here to say that Gruber masturbated to ejaculation upon reading the results of these benchmarks.

Admit, you did too. As am I at the moment.
3:37 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Dangling Felcherballs:
I don't doubt this for a moment. But I also know that I can't remember a single moment with my S7 or S8 when I've noticed it being slow. (The fucking Sony I had though - jeezus). Is this why there are all these comments about 'future proofing?' Tacit admission that this chip doesn't currently make much real world difference?
9:13 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Gaping Firecock:
>my S7 or S8
>Tacit admission that this chip doesn't currently make much real world difference?

No. Tacit admission that you're a moron for owning Samsung phones.
9:30 am — Friday, 22 September 2017
Gruber the Booger:
Gaping Firecock

>No. Tacit admission that you're a moron for owning Samsung phones.

Someone sounds butt hurt.

Apple announced boring phones that are playing catch up. Samsung phones have been doing all of these features for a while and Apple pretends like they invented it.

Better late than never. Apple has gone from innovator to copy cat.

Apple designed chips are the best in class. No doubt about it.
2:31 pm — Friday, 22 September 2017
Which is why the 8/8 Plus are the best phone, not that shitty ass X.
2:45 pm — Friday, 22 September 2017
Daring Shareholder:
>Samsung phones have been doing all of these features for a while

But do they actually *work*? I've never heard anything good about Samsung facial recognition. So who cares if they've been doing it "for a while"?
5:09 pm — Friday, 22 September 2017
Gruber the Booger:
>But do they actually work? I've never heard anything good about Samsung facial recognition. So who cares if they've been doing it "for a while"?

You are right. It doesn't matter who is first it matters who does it right.

We'll see how good Apple facial recognition is when the X phone hits the street.

I'll never use it face ID. Never did on any Samsung phone I've owned. I'm an old school pass code kind of person.

How about those screens? Samsung has been using those for years and Apple is using a lesser screen and claims they innovated it. Plus that flat tire at the top is an abomination.

Super Retina Display. Nice marketing. We, Apple make it sound like we innovated here.

>The display employs new techniques and technology to precisely follow the curves of the design, all the way to the elegantly rounded corners.

New techniques. By who? Apple? Nope. Samsung.

Samsung did these same screens years ago.

How about bigger phones?

Like the Note everyone made fun of until everyone begged "Please Apple, please make a bigger phone"

Then Apple announced the innovative, revolutionary and magical Plus line.

Split screen? Two apps at once on your phone? Samsung had been doing that for years. Apple finally caught up with iOS10 I believe it was.

Apple does some great shit. So does Samsung.

They also both fail at plenty. To say otherwise would be a fanboy.

But right now, if you really want to see what tomorrow looks like, don't look to Cupertino.
8:15 pm — Friday, 22 September 2017