/linked/2017/10/10/ios-phishing

Comments

> I’ve been thinking about this for years, and have been somewhat surprised this hasn’t become a problem.

oh, have you? you are very smart. nice of you to write about it as soon as someone else points it out. you're a fucking genius.
3:15 am — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
John Gruber:
I just want people to know that whatever news happens, I was on top of it way earlier.

But without anything to link to, my blog doesn't work, so I have to wait for someone else to finally come to the same realizations, so I can link to it and let people know how long I was aware of it first.
7:11 am — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
What else have you been thinking about for years, but have been keeping uncharacteristically to yourself?
7:25 am — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
Russian Hacker:
Ha HA! I phished Gruber's pass! Now I shall hack into his notes and discover what he has in store for future blog postings!

What?! There's nothing here! Rats, foiled again! Curse you, John Gruber!
8:15 am — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
Why is the OS prompting for your iTunes password all the time? Fix the root cause. I was going to suggest putting a notification in the tray that your password is needed, which would take you to Settings with 1 tap, but we know that iOS notifications are a huge fuckin mess already so the user may never see it.
3:04 pm — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
Gruber the Booger:
I have been thinking for years exactly what the first four posts said.

This verifies how correct I have been all this time.
4:13 pm — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
I've had lots of times to think about this because I've seen that fucking "sign into iTunes" prompt way too many times over the years.

It's a lot better now than it was when it was popping up again and again and again for weeks at a time.

Much like Gruber I have been suffering in silence.

Also, Gruber, ya burnt.
5:05 pm — Wednesday, 11 October 2017
John Gruber:
You guys would not BELIEVE the amount of really insightful stuff I keep to myself. Trenchant, incisive commentary. Helpful advice and unique perspectives. I don't envy you poor saps, just waiting until somebody else says it before I dramatically reveal that I thought so first!
5:05 pm — Wednesday, 11 October 2017