/linked/2017/12/15/trump-seven-words

Comments

Mad props to them for barring "vulnerable," "diversity" and "transgender" though.
3:00 am — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Q*Bert:
Bullshit. Diversity and transgender, sure, you can say those could be political, but vulnerable? How the fuck do you ban that? They are people who deal with DISEASE CONTROL. "Vulnerable" is a crucial word in that context. I mean the entire concept of banning words is fucking absurd and outrageous to begin with regardless of the words, but particularly words that should actually be used.
3:05 am — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Go Trump! Trump is a massive tool but Obama was worse. Trump is simply correcting Obama's mistakes.
4:57 am — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Gosh Gruber needs to just retire.
5:03 am — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Pessimist:
I didn't vote for Trump, but I know many people who did, and none of them are any of the things that Gruber is calling them right now. Is Gruber's bubble really so homogenous that he thinks that kind of name-calling of is justified? How is he helping anything? What is he accomplishing? Good writers are pouring out thousands of words to help us understand these new CDC restrictions. Gruber writes "shitheads" and "bullshit" in a few sentences that would be rejected as incoherent by a student editor at a high school newspaper.
1:28 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
jimothy:
>I said it a year ago and it stands today: Trump voters are ignoramuses, bigots, and/or fools.

What a very tolerant and enlightened observation from Gruber.

There's a lot to dislike about Trump, but Gruber is an ignoramus and a fool if he doesn't realize that there's a lot to dislike about Clinton, and that's a major reason people voted for Trump. This past election, perhaps more than any other, people voted against the other candidate than for a candidate.

So even if Trump is an ignoramus, bigot, and/or a fool, that doesn't mean every one of his voters is also all those things.

As for tolerance, give me a break! Leftist tolerance means, if you agree with me 100%, I'll tolerate you. Otherwise, I'll call you names, get you fired, and/or punch you.

P.S. I said it a year ago, and it stands today: I did not vote for Trump. I'll leave it to the reader to decide if I'm an ignoramus, bigot, and/or fool. Doubtlessly, some of you have already decided.
1:34 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Libertarian Dudebro:
Those damn lefties trying to stifle speech again! What else is new!

Oh, wait, wrong thread.
6:36 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Tweeeeeet!:
So Trump bans a bunch of Progressive dog-whistle words in documents being prepared for a budget discussion and Progressives go nuts.

Ya know, I gotta believe that Trump gets up each morning and thinks to himself, "How I can get those media clowns heads' to explode today?" So far, he seems to be spot on!
6:43 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Tweeeeeet!:
Oh and notice how Grubs changed the phrase _science-based_ into _science_ and totally ignored the replacement phrasing that was given.
6:45 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
anon:
For instance, in lieu of "evidence-based" or "science-based," an analyst might say, "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes"

The horror.
6:50 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017

9:30 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Ming-Chi Kuo:
这与mac有什么关系?如此迷茫。吉米尼
10:21 pm — Saturday, 16 December 2017
Alt Center:
I believe "iPhone X Review" is a banned term in the Grubenstein household.
6:32 am — Sunday, 17 December 2017
Paint the tires, ma!:
Tolerance is for other people.

For me, I'd rather marginalize and dehumanize the individuals on the other team because it'll allow me to summarily execute them all since they're now subhuman.

Change "Trump voter" into "black person" and you'll see that Gruber really needs to be put out of his misery.

He is the bigot that he claims others to be.

In fact, he sounds just like the Jacobins did back in the day. Gruber is ready to get his guillotine on, because fuck those Niggers I mean Republicans.
12:51 pm — Sunday, 17 December 2017
Average Citizen:
Yikes.
5:33 pm — Sunday, 17 December 2017
Question-based:
What is the difference between saying "science-based" and "CDC bases its recommendations on science"?
5:34 pm — Sunday, 17 December 2017
Paint the tires, ma! is correct. Gruber needs to stop with the hateful hyperbole. He's too one-dimensional and unsophisticated, as a thinker, to write insightfully about politics.
6:38 pm — Sunday, 17 December 2017
Cx:
No, not correct. There's nothing wrong with criticizing people for the choices they made. It's kind of stupid to equate that to racism.
7:07 pm — Sunday, 17 December 2017
my mac has bigger balls than your mac:
@Cx

Yeah, maybe those black guys shouldn't be impregnating all those teen black girls and not marrying them.
6:06 am — Monday, 18 December 2017
Grubology 101:
I'm pretty sure "evidence" and "science" can be used, Gruber. But it's perhaps best to avoid terms like "evidence-based" and "science-based", as they have become perverted and carry a lot of unfortunate baggage.
6:28 pm — Monday, 18 December 2017
In official writing, one should cite the studies in question that support the claims made, instead of using phrases like "because science".
6:55 pm — Monday, 18 December 2017
my mac has bigger balls than your mac:
Fake news!

Fuck the Fucking Damocrats!

11:37 pm — Monday, 18 December 2017
my mac has bigger balls than your mac:
What a bunch of fucking neanderthal knee-jerkers
11:37 pm — Monday, 18 December 2017
Ero:
It's hilarious how people are so routinely triggered by Gruber's political posts.

This time, Anonymous takes the cake though with these delightful nuggets:

> Science-based is a weaponized phrase that is an unquestionable appeal to authority.
> Good for them for banning all that trans nonsense, which is about as far from "science-based" as you can get anyway.

Poe's Law in motion.
2:34 am — Tuesday, 19 December 2017
8:17 am — Wednesday, 20 December 2017
Ero:

> Poe's Law, Amendment A: Replace "creationist" with "leftist" (not liberal, leftist) and the law is no less true.

Fair point. But I'd replace "creationist" with "anyone". This isn't a partisan issue, it's journalists and politicians sensationalising science and medicine in a way the original researcher didn't.
4:14 am — Thursday, 21 December 2017